I sort of agree with Marc-Aurèle and Will, and like github issues way
better than Jira.

It definitely is easier that both the issues and fix for those issues live
in the same place
and easily can be referenced from one another. The only thing is that we
need to come
up with good set of labels (for both issues and PRs) for tracking purpose.

Discussing the issue at hand under the issue itself can be even good, it
will leave a
trail of what has been discussed around the issue which led to the fix and
potentially
discussion can be continued under PR itself. Essentially they are targeting
the same
"problem".

As for the point Ron brought up, if one issue was that big that required
multiple PR for
it to be fixed, it only makes sens to me to create subset of issues all
referencing the
"parent" issue, and each individual PR fixes one of those smaller issue.

Khosrow