All,

JDK8 has reached eol wrt public updates from Oracle and JDK11 is the most
recent LTS. Should we discuss and plan the next release to move to JDK11, the
effort may be as minimal as changing the jdk requirements in maven config files.

Wrt consumption on centos6 (was there was an argument to drop centos6 support?)
, centos7 and ubuntu 16.04+ with project jigsaw and jdk11's jlink we can ship
stripped down jre along with CloudStack artifacts. This would mean we may no
longer depend on distribution provided JRE, much like shipping a single uberjar
we can bundle stripped jre in it as well, including for usage, kvm agent and
systemvm agents. This can be beneficial in project's control wrt security and
CloudStack can still run on platforms that don't have openjdk11 packages. The
effort here I guess would be to create build assemblies or use a maven plugin
to export such a bundle. Thoughts?

Regards,
Rohit Yadav

rohit.ya...@shapeblue.com