From: Andrei Mikhailovsky <and...@arhont.com.INVALID>
Sent: Thursday, June 13, 2019 6:27:23 PM
To: dev
Subject: Concurrent Volume Snapshots

Hello everyone

I am having running snapshot issues on large volumes. The hypervisor is KVM and
the storage backend is Ceph (rbd). ACS version is 4.11.2. Here is my issue:

I've got several vms with 3-6 volumes of 2TB each. I have a recurring schedule
setup to take a snapshot of each volume once a month. It takes a long time for
a volume to be snapshotted (in a magnitude of 20 hours). As a result, when the
schedule kicks in, it only manages to snapshot the first volume and the
snapshots of the other volumes fail due to the async job timeout. From what I
have discovered, ACS only does a single volume snapshot at a time. I can't seem
to find the settings to enable concurrent snapshotting. So, it can't snapshot
all of the vm volumes at the same time. This is very much problematic for many
reasons, but the main reason is that upon recovery of multiple volumes, the
data on those will not be consistent.

Is there a way around it? Perhaps there is an option in the settings that I
can't find that disables this odd behaviour of the volume snapshots?

Cheers

Andrei

rohit.ya...@shapeblue.comĀ
www.shapeblue.com