All,

Based on discussions from:

https://github.com/kubernetes/enhancements/issues/672
https://github.com/kubernetes/enhancements/issues/88

The Kubernetes project no longer support many cloud providers including the
CloudStack one which was removed from the current/master tree already. For
starters, I would like to have the old codebase moved/available via a
repository under Apache CloudStack project
(https://github.com/kubernetes/kubernetes/tree/release-1.15/pkg/cloudprovider/providers/cloudstack).

One of the community contributors from SwissTxt Gregor Riepl (@onitake) have
also offered to contribute their provider (which is already under the Apache
v2.0 license) which they have based on the original provider:
https://github.com/kubernetes/enhancements/issues/672#issuecomment-510353660

For this purpose I've requested a new repository with ASF-infra:

https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=cloudstack-kubernetes-provider.git

PMCs - If Gregor wants to donate their changes based on the old/original
provider to CloudStack, is there a formal donation process that he/swisstxt
needs to be used or a simple pull request can be sent?

Any objections, feedback? Thanks.

Regards,

Rohit Yadav

Software Architect, ShapeBlue