From: Gavin McDonald <gmcdon...@apache.org>
Sent: Monday, May 11, 2020 18:24
To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org <dev@cloudstack.apache.org>
Cc: Riepl, Gregor (SWISS TXT) <gregor.ri...@swisstxt.ch>; in...@apache.org
<in...@apache.org>; d...@community.apache.org <d...@community.apache.org>
Subject: Re: https://hub.docker.com/u/apache

Hi,

rohit.ya...@shapeblue.com
www.shapeblue.com
@shapeblue

On Mon, May 11, 2020 at 2:07 PM Rohit Yadav <ro...@apache.org> wrote:

> All,
>
> I've logged a ticket with infra now

Thanks, we (Infra) see jira tickets much more easily that we do email
threads, but sorry that
we have not responded to this thread until now.

I have assigned myself the ticket and am working on it.

> I see there are some Apache projects that have their own dockerhub org such
> as https://hub.docker.com/u/trafficcontrol (
> https://github.com/apache/trafficcontrol has the dockerfile(s)).

TrafficControl (in another Infra ticket) are moving all that to the Apache
Org namespace
on Dockerhub.

> What is the official policy on publishing/hosting Apache projects on
> dockerhub, do they need to be under the `apache` organisation or can
> projects/PMCs manage their own organisations? Thanks.

No official policy in terms of being able to use your own org. I'm not
seeing the
advantage in doing so however when you can easily have one with the Apache
Org namespace. Using the Apache namespace means you can also
likley integrate
with other Apache Infra more easily, as in Infra wont give auth or webhooks
or
anything to external orgs.

HTH

Gav...