Antonio Gallardo wrote:

Marc Portier dijo:

some attempt/proposal:
definition-model declares field:
case A: nothing special  -> defaults to read-write
case B: as being read-only
case C: specific as read-write

binding declared on field
case 1: nothing special  -> defaults to inherited from the field
definition?
case 2: as being read-only
case 3: specific as read-write

then what happens A.1 == C.3 == C.1 == A.3: full read-write on all stages

B.2: data flows only from backend up to the browser
B.1: binding level reads from the field definition that it is
read-only and inherits the behaviour --> B.2

B.3: binding level will save although the end user could not change

A.2 = C.2: allow user change, but don't save back to the object-model
(which sounds awkward? I don't see a case needing this ATM)

Sorry to said that but this is very complex. :(

I think we have only 2 case on every one, the nothing special case is a normal default.

And what about introducing XMLForm's "output" element as a read-only Woody widget ? This widget would have a datatype and converter just as a normal field, but would not parse it's value from the request. Furthermore, it could have an expression to compute its value.

Thoughts ?

Sylvain