As a workaround, both of these work for me:
#{format(java.text.SimpleDateFormat.new('MM/dd/yy', java.util.Locale.new('ITALIAN')), java.util.Date.new())}
${java.text.SimpleDateFormat("MM/dd/yy", java.util.Locale("ITALIAN")).format(java.util.Date())}

Ugo Cei wrote:

Christopher Oliver wrote:

In general, I think you're right, though, JXTemplate generator requires additional tags to support Number, Date, and Message formatting. JSTL has such tags. If I have time I'll try to add them.

Nice. After having tried Velocity, MHO is that it sucks, so let's enhance JXTemplate until it's the perfect template language for Cocoon. I'll be glad to help you in this effort as soon as I come back from my vacations (that is, from tomorrow until Sep. 1st).

Ugo