Guido Casper wrote:

Maybe having getValueAsString() not skipping non-text elements
(although I might not understand what the rationale for this behaviour
is) would be enough to support sources without XMLized properties.

Yes, probably. We'll need to discuss that some more, I was hoping that Stephan would show up and join the party...

But I would also like to change SourceProperty.value to only hold the
property child nodes. This would also simplify
WebDAVSource.getSourceProperties().

What do you mean exactly? If a (WebDAV, agreed) property is an XML element this means that you might have to rebuild it anyhow, so what is the point?

Ciao,

--
Gianugo Rabellino