Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

I know, this has been discussed before and we decided to keep the docs mailing list, but:

-The traffic on the docs list is almost nil
-I suspect people unsubscribe from it to avoid the many wiki update messages
-People writing to "docs" tend to copy important messages to "dev" as well so they don't get missed
-The archives are unusable due to wiki update messages going there as well.

I suggest closing the docs list to humans (using the dev list instead), keeping it only for wiki update messages.

Thoughts?
-Bertrand

+1 I have no problems with the proposal. Even the wiki messages are sometimes not that useful, because only the last change in an hour is sent. If an unfriendly person knows that he can spoil a page and obscure his act by a simple re-save.

Joerg