> From: Bertrand Delacretaz [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> Le Samedi, 20 sep 2003, à 14:15 Europe/Zurich, Stefano Mazzocchi a
> écrit :
> >
> > On Saturday, Sep 20, 2003, at 10:03 Europe/Rome, Bertrand Delacretaz
> > wrote:
> >>
> >> ...Obviously - but still, do you want to let blocks access
> all public
> >> core classes openly?
> >
> > Why not?
>
> Making as little core classes available as possible will help in
> decoupling blocks from the core.
>
> Java often forces you to make a class public so that it can
> be accessed
> from other packages, but in many cases this does not mean that the
> class should be used everywhere.
> >
> >> Event if it's no needed right away, I think being able to
> filter this
> >> classloading from blocks to core should be planned for in
> the design
> >> (but maybe it is already?).
> >
> > The design doesn't need to specify this since it's a classloading
> > implementation issue.
>
> you're right, this does not need to be decided at this point.

you are right, so only for the records ;)

Maybe we can go the "FOM" way. We reduce the public available classes to
a minimum and so also reduce the possible contracts to a minimum.

But it is not only Cocoon classes. There are also a few classes in
libraries which are necessary in a block (see avalon-framework,
excalibur-sourceresolve, excalibur-store, excalibur-xmlutil)

Reinhard