Kevin O'Neill wrote:
Again, I am not pressing for Maven, but these are the features that we
get for free with it.  Since it looks like we are using ANT, how do we
resolve these needs?

Umm I'm not sure that this is the case. There is nothing I've seen or used
with Maven that can't be done with ant 1.6 (import / subant / antlib etc).
The bous is that you get to set the dependencies between build targets not
mavne (which as can be seen from the latest set of issues with aspectj)
can be very difficult to resolve.

The thing is that Ant 1.6 as promissing as it sounds is not released yet.
If we keep the same build system, thats fine.  However, I would prefer we
do this with something we can expect to find *installed* on a developer's
machine.  That kind of excludes 1.6, but we can use 1.5.4...

 deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                - Benjamin Franklin