Reinhard Poetz wrote:

The thing is that Ant 1.6 as promissing as it sounds is not released yet. If we keep the same build system, thats fine. However, I would prefer we do this with something we can expect to find *installed* on a developer's machine.

Cocoon comes with its own Ant - there's no need for an installed Ant on
the developer's machine. So if we decide to use Ant 1.6 the user will
get it automatically.

<shudder/><twitch/>

<rant> Really. Why do we keep insisting on overloading the repository with all these JARs and our own pet version of ANT, etc. etc.? Cocoon is supposed to be about integrating a bunch of standards, yet we ignore existing build standards. There has been a push to get projects out of the habit of including the build system as part of the repository. Things like ANT should be installed like the tool that it is. It should be installed like Make. Will some people be early adopters? Of course. But we should expect users to go with released versions. </rant>

Seriously.  I never use the "build.sh" script, and I get angry if the build
doesn't work.  Why torture our users to do something that should be considered
non-standard?

 deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                - Benjamin Franklin