Reinhard Poetz dijo:
>> We are talking about professional people here.
>
> I disagree with that. If new users download Cocoon the first time, many
> of them aren't professionals at all (I think of the *hard* time when I
> downloaded Cocoon the first time more than two years ago, there was no
> three step installation of Cocoon like today but it took me hours ...)

Yep. My first time was a BIG trouble too. I also need to patch the
selected release in order to have Cocoon working with postgreSQL. In that
time the database support was weak. I think it was 2.0.1 and related to
the use of java 1.4.0, remember a patch in a XSP page? That was really
traumatic at all. Too many new stuff together: XML, XSLT, Cocoon
Pipelines, XSP, JDBC 3.0, etc. That was crazy!

I also remember another newbie from the list with the same problem as
mine, that after a time give it up and choosed to don't use cocoon at all.
(Sorry, for him).

For sure, the current 3 STEP is really cool and will attrack many people!

If we are looking to take out some "fat" of the current relases, we can
start with Ant, then there is instrumentation client, then... well there
will be a list. For me it does not look like a good idea.

Maybe a compromise to write a How-to using your own ANT. But, at least,
ANT is just cca. 1.3 MB. In current GB's days, this really is nothing.

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo