Just for the sake of those of us who know less than you, Cocoon gods.
What is the advantage of using an all-numeric filename instead of alphanumeric?
If I'm not mistaken by what I sleepily read this morning, you are proposing a flat
"big bag" of documents. So, if there's no "hierarchy", an alphanumeric file name is
just as good as a numeric one, plus it can be easily found within your files.
The Bugzilla analogy is not quite good. I don't have the bug database in my hard drive.
(All this asuming you are discussing the new structure for the Cocoon documents that
are distributed with the Cocoon package. Is that true?)
In case an "all numbers" is the way to go, a splitting system like Bertrand proposes
gets my +1 for the same reasons he exposed.

I have a better idea, why don't we use 8.3 filenames!?!?! (joke, of course :-)

BarZ
Once-again-talking-about-what-I-don't-understand

TODAS LAS FORMAS DE ACCESO TODOS LOS SERVICIOS
ADSL Todas las velocidades - Accesos por Modem 56K
E-mail con Antivirus / Antispam / Alias / Forwards
Desarrollos a medida - Redes - Intranets/Extranets --------------------------------------------------
http://www.internet.com.uy Tel. 707.42.52