Christopher Oliver wrote:

I don't think anyone is suggesting that there shouldn't be support for a source level debugger. But that is a large project, IMO. And having the ability to do "println" debugging doesn't preclude it.

You're right.

I agree with Vadim that an explicit sitemap instruction sounds better than an additional attribute on all existing instructions and like better Tony's second proposal: <map:log level="..." message="..."/>

However, do we really need a new sitemap statement? What about a simple log action: <map:act type="log" src="blah blah"/>?

Sylvain