Sylvain Wallez wrote:

Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

On 12 Jan 2004, at 18:18, Christopher Oliver wrote:

Also with the fast edit - reload - test cycle provided by Cocoon, "println()" style debugging seems to work quite well. A source-level debugger is mainly required when the development turnaround cycle is long (e.g. J2EE apps). For example, although Rhino has a JavaScript debugger, I rarely use it because println() debugging is usually more efficient.

I do the same for flowscript. But how can we insert a println() in a sitemap?

How about adding a "message" attribute to ProcessingNode, e.g:

<map:match pattern="page/*">
<map:generate type="jx" src="screens/{1}.xml" message="match is page/{1}"/>
which would output something like

sitemap: C:/cocoon/build/webapp/samples/sitemap.xmap:16:20: match is page/getNumberA.html

I don't like that message has been added to the core sitemap tags. How about adding separate tag (ant-like):

<map:debug message=".... {1} ....."/>

It's easier to add/remove (comment/uncomment) a tag than an attribute.

Vadim