Unico Hommes wrote:

Geoff Howard wrote:

Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

I made some updates to the new environment handling in 2.2 and it seems that most of it is running as it should. Even sub

sitemaps work

(at least the sample works). I guess that internal pipeline

calls are

not working yet.

I just started looking into 2.2 again and noticed that many samples are not even loading their launch page. e.g., hello world samples throw a ServiceException trying to look up the text serializer the first time the hello-world sub-sitemap is read. It seems that this is because the text serializer is not declared in the sitemap - in fact, it's commented out in the main root sitemap. Uncommenting it moved the error to the next undefined item (the wml serializer IIRC). Uncommenting the whole block of commented-out serializers gives a very unspecific error (maybe null pointer?) and that's when I ran out of time. Anyone know why these serializers needed to be commented out, or better, what still needs to happen to have these basic samples work?

These errors are due to the fact that the componentized processor is not nearly finished yet. The components are commented because they were missing meta data. Last I remembered wanting to start to work on was getting the select and handle-errors statements to work. But that was already a few weeks ago and I haven't had time since.

Hmmm, I checked the text serializer and it looked like it had the meta data. Maybe one of the ones in that chain didn't. I'll look into that bit more.

Geoff