Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

On 9 Feb 2004, at 04:40, Sylvain Wallez wrote:

Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

I'm not normally bugged by namespace declarations which aren't used, but boy, something like this just can't go on without me to do something about it:

[taken from my blog output]

do you have any suggestions on how to use the xml serializer so that it stops doing that?

A long time ago, I wrote a NamespaceNormalizer that works in two steps:
1 - record all SAX events (using XMLByteStreamCompiler) except namespace declarations which are stored separately,
2 - replay SAX events, declaring all namespaces before the root element.

This leads to buffering the document, which has a cost, but wouldn't hurt when the pipeline can be cached.

We could add this as an optional feature of the XMLSerializer.

WDYT?

I think it would *rock*! I wouldn't mind paying the cost of such a buffering since I'm going to cache this anyway.

I'll dig into my HD (which I'll have to do anyway when switching to the PB, hehe) to find it and add it after the release.

Sylvain