On 12.02.2004 21:43, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

I also think it's a good idea to considering solidifying the form methodology by:

1) removing XMLForms entirely (they have been deprecated for a while now)

-0 let it live in 2.1. XMLForms was moved into its own block only 10 months ago (end of April: blocks.properties, 1.8) and deprecated only half a year ago (beginning of August: blocks.properties, 1.25);
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/cocoon-2.1/blocks.properties

2) deprecating JXForms (a vote is already in place, this counts as +1 to that)

-0 as long as the first version of Woody/Cocoon Forms is not released.

3) moving Woody inside cocoon core and rename it Cocoon Forms (we should stop calling it woody)

+1 on renaming

-1 on moving to core. Why moving it to core? 200 classes and 2 additional libs if you do not need them? The name "Cocoon Forms" makes the form framework official enough announced IMO.

Joerg