From:   Geoff Howard [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent:   Thursday, February 26, 2004 10:16 AM
To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject:        Re: excalibur-component

Unfortunately, that's probably exactly what you'll need to do.  I don't
recall whether there was a consensus on keeping the sources with the
snapshots but I think you're right about that.  Unfortunately, consensus
that something should happen does not translate always to action -
especially when there is no formal [VOTE] thread.  Sorry about that - I
think it's a pain too.  However, the chance that you could do a checkout
by date and get different sources is a lower probability threat - you
can review the commit logs (many of them are sent to a publicly archived
mail list such as [EMAIL PROTECTED]) and usually determine with
confidence that what you have is correct.  The big arguments in favor of
the source-snapshot were: 1) firewall cvs checkout problems 2) cvs
history lost by repository reshuffling.  The second won't be a problem
with recent snapshots.

Of course, maybe Carsten did do a source snapshot of those projects but
he just did the release.  Most of those were probably checked in before
the release and before that discussion.

Geoff