As already said in this thread, the only working way to get
the sources of the developer builds for excalibur-components
(and some others) is to check out the state from exactly
the specified date. That's why a jar contains the date
in the name.

Now, we discussed this topic, but never agreed to anything :)
And I personally don't want to also store hundreds of sources
of other projects in the cocoon cvs.

Anyway, I asked the Avalon guys to release all relevant projects
for us and they are currently in the process of exactly doing
that for us - or more precisly Leo Sutic is doing most of the
work with some help from others. Thanks Leo!

So, I have the hope that starting with 2.1.5 we will stick
to a vote we made ages ago "Only use released versions of other
projects" :)

The current release process at Avalon has one main advantage:
making releases of those parts in the future becomes much easier.
So, if we need a release, at can simply be done.

Carsten