Torsten Curdt wrote:
> So what about the following...
>
> + the boilerplate
>
> --
> /*
>   Copyright 1999-2004 The Apache Software Foundation. All rights reserved.
>
>   Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License");
>   you may not use this file except in compliance with the License.
>   You may obtain a copy of the License at
>
>    http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
>
>   Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software
>   distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS,
>   WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied.
>   See the License for the specific language governing permissions and
>   limitations under the License.
> */
> --

Why the leading spaces?

Will we just have all files as 1999-2004 or do we need to
determine the actual first and last modification date of
each file? The latter is an awful lot of work, but if we
need to do it then there are some tools in the CVS module
"committers/tools" which might help.

Obviously the boilerplate for *.xml etc. will be different
comment markers.

Actually i have noticed a trend that people are focussing
on the *.java files only (see the current scripts in
"committers/relicense") and are forgetting the big job
of every other text file.

> + copy of http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0.txt
>    as LICENCE file the root dir
>
> + the NOTICE file in the root dir
>
> --
>   This product includes software developed by
>   The Apache Software Foundation (http://www.apache.org/).
>
>   It consists of voluntary contributions made by many individuals
>   on behalf of the Apache Software Foundation and was originally created
>   by Stefano Mazzocchi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>. Please visit the project
>   homepage (http://cocoon.apache.org) for more information.
> --

I think that the Stefano entry should not have special treatment
at the top, but rather be one entry in the list that would follow,
presumably the first entry.

> + and we remove all author tags

I suppose so, and in both *.java and *.xml

--David