Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

[...]

Seeing how hard it is to retrofit tests and docs to existing blocks, maybe we should require the following for any new non-scratchpad block:
-samples
-automated tests
-documentation (in the block itself, I don't think our docs structure makes it easy to integrate docs from blocks)

What documentation format would be required here? Does it make sense to use the Forrest format (how would it be rendered)?

-- Andreas

-a "community" (for example, at least three committers who need it)

And require a vote before creating a new block, where the creator must provide evidence of the above.

WDYT?
-Bertrand