Cocoon needs a rock solid core.

Solid in both technical, social and legal way.

Stefano,

- i am considering cocoon as the basis for a new product in the next 3 months. It will be based on 2.1.x, a possible future core migration makes me nervous to say the least. My previous decision last year in may to use the 2.0.x branch for my project backfired when i now see how much easier things could have been with flow, woody etc.
- developing the new core will draw developer resources and focus away from the 2.1.x branch - right? I know, it's OSS, so i can just jump in and fill the gaps where needed. Again makes me nervous.
- being able to reuse avalon components in cocoon and vice versa was a big selling point for me and made me feel comfortable in choosing cocoon as my future preferred container.

Maybe i should go and read your presentation on blocks to see what all the fuss is about and why cocoon absolutely can't survive without them.

Regards
Jorg