For example, I received this email from fumagalli <at> exoffice.com:

    Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 13:59:11 +0100
    To: leo.sutic <at> inspireinfrastructure.com
    From: fumagalli <at> exoffice.com

Looking at the Received: header we see that
mail.inspireinfrastructure.com (which I trust)
received it from smtpin32.myhosting.com (which I trust). And that
smtpin32.myhosting.com
received it from "rex" who is at 217.153.27.13. Doing a nslookup leads
us here:

http://www.ripe.net/perl/whois?form_type=simple&full_query_string=&searc
htext=217.153.27.13

    address:      Ster Projekt S.A.
    address:      ul. Magazynowa 1
    address:      02-652 Warszawa
    address:      Poland

What has happened is that some guy in Poland got hit by this worm. It
scanned his
Internet Explorer cache and found the fumagalli <at> exoffice.com
address in some
cached webpage, and used it.

/LS