On Mar 31, 2004, at 9:41 AM, Tony Collen wrote:

How did this get here?

Some virus infected person, probably. I get spoofed virus emails which appear to come from @apache.org a lot, most of the return addresses are people on the cocoon lists, which means someone on the lists is infected and doesn't know it.

Actually, it's not that... it's something sent with forged From: and/or envelope sender address(es), obtained virally or from scrapeware (I suspect the latter, since I started getting these messages about a month ago, purportedly from domains with which I'm associated — apache.org and others. And I don't think my G4 PowerBook is infected, at least not with a Windows .exe worm :-)

~ml