Sylvain Wallez wrote:

Now, as I mentioned already [1], I started using the generator approach
to form templates, using the implementation of "wt:" statements using
JXMacro provided by Chris [2]. And this approach is very powerful, as it
allows complex conditional form layout without requiring the
introduction of yet-another-control-structure-markup in the "wt:" namespace.

Introducing the widget states would allow these conditions to be
computed with the form's own state rather than using some separate flow
values.

So, I propose the following changes to Cocoon forms:
- add a state to widgets (enabled/disabled/hidden).

Assuming this state will be available during binding, as well as in form... +1. But, this will require some kind of "wt:" control markup anyway... Given simple example:

There is a need to disable whole table, it's not enough to take out widget only.

- move to a generator approach.

+1.

Vadim

WDYT?