Stephan Michels wrote:
Am Do, den 08.04.2004 schrieb Guido Casper um 17:08:

Rolf Kulemann wrote:

Looking at the repository block, one will see that there is already a
RepositorySource, but that source and the RepositorySourceFactory are
not meant to be used with the new Repository interface from Guido.

What I have in mind is:

A new RepositorySourceFactory should simply look up the appropriate
respositroy via the RepositoryManager and pass that to RepsitorySource.
The source than acts on the Repository interface to provide a sources
functionality.

Does this make sense?

It does.
However please consider the Repository interface unstable (if not at "proposal stage", but definately not finished) and I currently wouldn't move too quick building further components on top of it.

If you need a Source for accessing WebDAV, why not use the WebDAVSource?

What the status of the WebDAVSource? It seems that it doesn't implement
any versioning. Or am I wrong?

No. I (vaguely) remember some discussion considering your VersionableSource vs. Sylvain's VersionedSource from:
http://www.cocoondev.org/projects/cvssource.html

However ...

Do you have plan to do something in this direction?

I like the fact that WebDAV makes versions available via seperate URIs. So there is no need (and no value IMO) to have things like get/setVersion() since there is no way to anticipate the versioning scheme (i.e. what's the name of the previous version?). All you need is a way to get at an ordered list of versions which might as well be complete version URIs.

I wonder if it's a good idea to expand this concept to the Repository interface so any implementation can make up its own or find a common URI scheme that includes versioning/branching/etc. information. It is quite easy for an application to manage things like "versioning state" on its own and the Repository stays more generic.

getVersions() (and maybe getBranches()) objectively has to be extended to manage branches.

WDYT about that?

I currently think about to implement a system ontop of it.

Cool.

Guido

Stephan Michels.

-- Guido Casper ------------------------------------------------- S&N AG, Competence Center Open Source Tel.: +49-5251-1581-87 Klingenderstr. 5 mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] D-33100 Paderborn http://www.s-und-n.de -------------------------------------------------