Andrew Thornton wrote:

Hi!
I'm currently trying to use the xmldb source. However I've spotted a problem. The source doesn't currently handle xpaths with namespaces.

We have a few suggestions for how to make it do this:

xmldb:xindice-embed:/xmlns(x=http://apache.org/cocoon/xmldb/1.0)xmlns(ns=NAMESPACE-URI)x:collection(/db/collection/collection)x:resource(resource)xpointer(ns:xpath[predicate()])

Total Overkill, me thinks.

(ii) Leverage the xpointer idea only for namespaces:

xmldb:xindice-embed:///db/collection/collection/resource#/ns:xpath[predicate()]

becomes

xmldb:xindice-embed:/xmlns(ns=NAMESPACE-URI)xmlns(other=OTHER)//db/collection/collection/resource#ns:xpath[predicate()]

I don't like this much also. Why don't you suggest the syntax which is already used for xinclude transformer? See examples:

<xi:include href="test2.xml#xmlns(my=http://localhost/my)xpointer(/page/content/my:abc/*)"/>

If you to implement a patch allowing to do:

xindice:///db/collection/resource#xmlns(my=http://localhost/my)xpointer(/page/content/my:abc/*)

Then I'd happily apply it. Under one condition: old URIs without namespaces / xpointers should still work.

Vadim