Guido Casper dijo:
>> Yep. We can get OJB components outside Avalon. We are doing this too
>> now.
>> The remain question is to delete the OJB block or let it live to show
>> users how they can use it.
>
> +1 to let it live as a lightweight block. If O/R-mapping is our
> recommendation for enterprise level requirements, we should at least
> have some demonstrating samples (maybe these shouldn't be JDO-based? I
> didn't know that OJB has that many options). Over time it might evolve
> into something more "flowscript-supportive".

Yep. OJB has other APIs. There are 4 APIS now.

Currently, the JDO support is broken or partially broken and does not work
in OJB. I think I setted the entry-level to high with JDO. All in all JDO
is not dificult, but when you are newbie and the OJB support is broken you
cannot help yourself and the technology seems to be too dificult.

This soon will change because OJB committers are working now in
development of a full implementation of JDO in OJB. I hope they will
finish it soon.

But now, we can use PB, OTM or ODMG to make the work done.

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo