Joerg Heinicke wrote:

On 26.04.2004 22:58, Bruno Dumon wrote:

I saw the following template in forms-field-styling.xsl:

  <!--+
      | fi:booleanfield with @type 'output' : rendered as text
      +-->
  <xsl:template match="fi:booleanfield[fi:styling/@type='output']">
    <xsl:choose>
      <xsl:when test="fi:value = 'true'">
        yes
      </xsl:when>
      <xsl:otherwise>
        no
      </xsl:otherwise>
    </xsl:choose>
  </xsl:template>

And was wondering what people are using this for? Or how this can
possibly do something meaningful?

The problem I see is that if a booleanfield is not present on the
request, it will always be reset to false. So I'd rather remove this
template then giving people the false impression this might work.

The same is true for

<!--+
| fi:field with a selection list and @type 'output'
+-->
<xsl:template match="fi:field[fi:selection-list][fi:styling/@type='output']" priority="3">

(line 210) and also for

<!--+
| fi:field with @type 'output' and fi:output are both rendered as text
+-->
<xsl:template match="fi:output | fi:field[fi:styling/@type='output']" priority="2">

(line 240)

They would also be reset after request.

These stylings make only sense if the form widget values are not evaluated. I can imagine a confirmation page, where just the submit widget (ok vs. cancel) is evaluated.

BooleanField is special as "no parameter" means "false", but for regular Fields, what do you think about not resetting the value to null if the request parameter is not present? This would make @type="output" more useful than it is today.

Sylvain