Antonio Gallardo wrote:

Torsten Curdt dijo:

Though I think we should deprecate
the SWF stuff anyway. The used library
is dead and still needs some work.

WDYT? Fix it and deprecate it after
2.1.5 is out? ...and of course replace
it it with a flash example.

While I am not a Flash fan. I thought it is not good idea to deprecated
it. Because many people is using flash or just this is the perception I
got in my country. Seems to be a "hot" technology around web designers.
They are developing or looking for "flash" these days. I know Cocoon is a
step forward of these solutions. But the same as JSP I think we can
support it as an entry point for some people.

Modern Flash movies can collect data using XML over HTTP. So there doesn't seem much point in actually generating the movie itself from within Cocoon. I'd build a flash movie as a static entity, and have it collect its data from Cocoon as XML over HTTP.

So, I'm not sure that this thing is that useful really. Don't know.

Regards, Upayavira

WDYT?

BTW, I was reviewing the CVS of the spark library and the newest commit is
2 years old (the exception is a 21 month license file). As you, I think
the project is dead.

If someone what to check it:
CVS repo: http://cvs.berlios.de/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/spark-xml/
Website:  http://developer.berlios.de/projects/spark-xml/