Moving this to dev list. Find the original thread at http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=108559109700004&r=1&w=4.

On 28.05.2004 20:13, Bruno Dumon wrote:

I'm not sure if this is a good
solution, since those messages are not specifically recognized as being
validation errors, and so this wouldn't work together with
fi:validation-errors. Maybe the best would be to allow adding validation
errors (multiple ones) on the form itself.

The form itself becomes ValidationErrorAware? I searched for it when thinking about a solution, but unfortunately the form is not implementing the interface.

So +1.

fi:validation-errors would
then better be replaced with a ft:validation-errors (which can crawl the
widget tree), since otherwise it wouldn't find the errors attached to
the form.

Hmm, I guess it is also possible to add a fi:validation-message to the form widget as it is done for all other widgets. It must be possible to differ between form widget (= global) validation errors, collected "somewhere" and widget specific errors. In other words I do not want to be forced to collect all errors at one place just because of using ft:validation-errors for the global errors.

But +1 for the idea in general.

Joerg