Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

> >Sure, it could, but I didn't want to break compatibility. With the
> >scoped module you have to define somehow the scope (global
> or request).
> >We could check for the prefix 'global:' or 'request:' (or something
> >similar), but this works only unless you have attribute names that
> >start with this prefix.
> >

> Don't you have default scope, if no scope specified? This
> should make it backward compatible. If syntax allows (there
> are no samples - so I'm just speculating :-)

Yes, there is a default scope - that's not the problem.
Now, imagine you do a {request-attr:global:my-attribute}, then
this would try to get the global attribute named my-attribute.

But what, if the name of your attribute is "global:my-attribute"
and you are already using the module. Then with updating to this
new version, your expression wouldn't work anymore.

Carsten