On 8 Aug 2004, at 17:22, Reinhard Poetz wrote:

Pier, what's the current status of the new kernel?

Up and running :-)

Seriously, I had to concentrate in moving all our sites (15) to Cocoon, and got cornered up with this job (which is kinda neat, I mean, right now all IT Magazines by VNU/UK are running on Cocoon, so, I'm happy).

The backend is already using the new kernel to provide the real XML repository of documents, and so far, it's working kinda neatly.

I need to pick it back up as I identified a major design flaw in the way in which events are dispatched, and blocks are reloaded (that's a kind of a bummer), but should start hammering on that pretty soon...

Events is vital for one other of our little projects, our NIO based proxy server.

I think you'll see more happening around september, we have new staff starting (whohooo!) and once they're up to speed, we'll finally be in 3 working on VNU's Cocoon and XML Backend, which means more work both on the 2.2 branch (we're still having trouble with cache) and on the new kernel!

Pier