I've been away from the real cocoon development for a while, but my day job requires me to build a prototype using cocoon but with real blocks implemented.

Therefore, I need to get real blocks working on cocoon.

The closest thing that we have in place for that is Pier's kernel (that was development with my vocal/written help, but no code). I don't like the idea of basing our framework on somebody elses, mainly for community reasons, so I will start from there.

As a committer, and upon the rules of revolutionaries, I hereby request the creation of the "tani" effort, which is the codename for what I hope it will become "Cocoon 2.2", even if this will have to be decided by the community once we feel confident enough.

One of my goals for such a new framework is transparent migration: therefore 2.2 and not 3.0. Also we'll try to keep as much as the existing code as possible, to avoid rewrite, therefore introducing new bugs and stuff.

This means that the "new-kernel" branch will be renamed "tani" and we'll take it from there.

This should *not* be seen as a competition with the Butterfly branch, but rather an alternative path to lead to the same goal: simplification and better webapp-level componentization.

I don't need a vote to make this happen, but I'm asking for comments.

--
Stefano.