Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

I hereby request the creation of the "tani" effort, which is the codename for what I hope it will become "Cocoon 2.2", even if this will have to be decided by the community once we feel confident enough.

One of my goals for such a new framework is transparent migration: therefore 2.2 and not 3.0. Also we'll try to keep as much as the existing code as possible, to avoid rewrite, therefore introducing new bugs and stuff.

I agree with 2.X designation as opposed to 3.0; but I thought we already have kind of plan for 2.2, so most probably your work will land into 2.3 (once stable enough ;-) ?

Other than that, go ahead. I just don't see a point in renaming from "new-kernel" to "tani": I don't understand what "tani" means, why we need new name, and, OTOH, "new-kernel" is simple and understandable, so I would leave it as "new-kernel", or "blocks-kernel"...

Vadim