Niclas Hedhman wrote:

On Thursday 14 October 2004 16:47, Sylvain Wallez wrote:

And that is probably the main reason why the Fortress
effort 'stalled' ; Cocoon is so much more than dependency+conf injection.

Let me strongly disagree on this point. The Fortress effort stalled
because the sitemap engine (aka treeprocessor) was intimately tied to
some of the features of the ECM. The design choices of the container had
slipped through into the component code. I am the culprit on this point.

I must be dumb, but isn't this what I said? Cocoon has expanded ECM, through the sitemap interaction, hence the Cocoon contract encompass much more than 'traditional life cycle" that Fortress was built to provide.

That is becoming an urban legend in Avalon-land: Cocoon did not expand ECM (except with a few configuration syntax sugar in ExtendedComponentSelector). It used it too much, which is IMO a totally different problem.

Sylvain