Ugo Cei wrote:

Il giorno 14/ott/04, alle 16:50, Stefano Mazzocchi ha scritto:

real block kernel and Rickard Oberg's AOP framework, this would be modern.

Too bad he has not open-sourced it yet, or has he?

No, and he will not.

But the ideas are available and implementation doesn't scare me.

My point remains: we've been burned too much before already in depending on frameworks we don't control.

I still think it would be better to write our own entirely from scratch.

Want to use ideas for Spring? sure, bring them on, but depending on it is asking for trouble.

--
Stefano.