Unico Hommes wrote:

I've often thought that the signature of the setup() method was wrong. The src parameter is passed as a String, the component is free to interpret it as anything it wishes. But I think this parameter was really only meant to ever be interpreted as a Source object. So instead of setup(SourceResolver resolver, Map om, String src, Parameters pars) the method should be setup(Source source, Map om, Parameters pars). That also unambiguously defines the meaning of the src attribute.

Amen. Too bad this is the most back-incompatible change you can think of. :-(

--
Stefano.