Ugo Cei wrote:

> Il giorno 25/ott/04, alle 08:58, Carsten Ziegeler ha scritto:
>
> > Ugo Cei wrote:
> >> In the coming days, I plan to rewrite all tests depending on
> >> ExcaliburTestCase so that we can forget about it. Stay tuned.
> >>
> > In addition, our tests test if it is possible to get a
> corresponding
> > selector (e.g. for transformers etc.) and then the
> component to test
> > from this selector. In order to make this work, you have to
> configure
> > these things in the xtest file - now I think this is wrong.
> The test
> > should simply consists of creating the object to test and
> then test it
> > - without the overhead of looking up a selector etc.
> > This is something we should remove also.
>
> +1. Unfortunately you did too good a job of removing dependencies on
> ExcaliburTestCase and took away much of the incentive for me
> to rewrite them all ;-). I'll have to review them again and
> decide whether we can keep them as they are now.

:) Sorry about that :)

Now, I think, we should remove the selector handling from the
SitemapComponentTestCase and instead of configuring the component
I want to test in the xtest file with an addition selector,
simply write in our tests something like:

Matcher m = this.createComponent(CLASS_NAME);

where the createComponent method is defined in the SitemapComponenTestCase
class. It creates the object, invokes all Avalon lifecycle interfaces
and that's it. I wanted to change this tonight.

Carsten