Le 4 déc. 04, à 14:14, Daniel Fagerstrom a écrit :

Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
...b) "presentation templates" downstream to convert the XML to HTML or other presentation markup (currently covered by XSLT, far from ideal)

...For b), being dreamweaver-compatible would be a big plus, allowing less technical people to create templates themselves....

b) would be nice but it is quite complicated to implement in an efficient way. One can of course stream the transformer input to a DOM tree that is made available in the context object and then let a JXTG like script work on that. But the question is if we would be happy wih the performance...

It's hard to say without trying it, but IIUC we can essentially get this (i.e. reuse the data-to-XML templating mechanism for downstream transformations) for free, if taken into acount in the design. Just a simple stream-to-DOM implementation would allow people to experiment.

And it might make a big difference, from the users point of view, by making it possible to use a single tool for the whole presentation pipeline, and making presentation templates way easier than raw XSLT, which is a major stumbling block for many people.

We might want to make it work first, to see how much people like it. If they like it, I'm sure someone will find a way to make it fast, if needed.

-Bertrand