Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

No, I disagree: there is a place for generation and there is a place for transformation. They are different things and both have a reason to exist.

I see where the statement comes from, but doesn't processing begin by loading the template file? Data injection from flow is step 2. Loading the template file seems like the generation step to me, not the data injection.

With XSLT/STX, the stylesheet is the manipulative/transformative vector. With a flow template transformer, it's the flow object model. With the i18n transformer, it's the l10n catalog(s).

Your dividing line seems somewhat arbitrary.  What am I missing?

- Miles Elam