Von: Micah Dubinko [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 7. Dezember 2004 03:16
An: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Betreff: XML Serializers

Torsten Curdt wrote:

>> I'll peek around in [org.apache.cocoon.serialization.XMLSerializer]
>> to see if I can figure out what's going on.
>

> Better spend the time in fixing the last
> few issues in
> [org.apache.cocoon.components.serializers.XMLSerializer]. ...that means
> (again) our homegrown one is better. Maybe
> we should sort out the last few issues and
> then switch.

 I started looking into 30824, another issue with the old serializer. I
tried it to see how it would work with the new one, but this didn't
produce any DOCTYPE at all:

    <map:serializer logger="sitemap.serializer.xhtml"
mime-type="text/html" name="xhtml" pool-grow="2" pool-max="64"
pool-min="2" src="org.apache.cocoon.components.serializers.XMLSerializer">
      <doctype-public>-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN</doctype-public>

<doctype-system>http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd</doctype-s
ystem>
      <encoding>UTF-8</encoding>
    </map:serializer>

What is the proper way to deliver the requested DOCTYPE info to the new
serializer?

Thanks,

.micah