the more I work with python, the more I hate the fact that java is not easily scriptable (as much as I would love the contrary, java is orders of magnitude more solid than python in many aspects, in XML processing it feels like a toy), the more I look around for alternatives, so I came across this 'embedded runtime java compiler'

  http://www.janino.net/index.html

and it's apache licensed. Don't know, I thought I would just pass it along.

Sylvain, brought this up on the list a while ago. And I already started working on including it into jci :-D

In fact it also comes with a compiling classloader.
But I'd prefer to use it through jci as an abstraction
layer. Stay tuned....

cheers
--
Torsten