Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

the more I work with python, the more I hate the fact that java is not easily scriptable (as much as I would love the contrary, java is orders of magnitude more solid than python in many aspects, in XML processing it feels like a toy), the more I look around for alternatives, so I came across this 'embedded runtime java compiler'

  http://www.janino.net/index.html

and it's apache licensed. Don't know, I thought I would just pass it along.

I already mentioned it back in december [1] and found a lot of potential uses for it ;-)

Sylvain

[1] http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=110208012806188&w=2