Marco Rolappe wrote:

Sylvain Wallez schrieb:

That's why I'm sending this poll to the whole user and developper community:
- do you or your company have Eclipse plugin development skills?

minimal. but it would be a good opportunity to enhance them ;-)

Sure, but starting an Eclipse IDE with only newbies isn't the easiest route :-)
Anyway all contributions would of course be very welcome!

- if some opensource project is setup to develop a Cocoon IDE, would you like to join and invest time and effort?

sure. I'm also thinking of tools not dependent on an IDE but usable from within Cocoon (via web frontend).

A good Cocoon IDE must have a runtime part to allow things like debugging, monitoring or profiling. This runtime part can be designed so that some features can be equally used with a GUI front-end in the IDE and a web front-end. This is something that must be considered right from the start.

Sylvain