Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

Jeremy Quinn wrote:

On 1 Apr 2005, at 15:33, Sylvain Wallez wrote:

<snip/>

I personally never used this "handleForm" function and consider it as some old legacy.

Hmmm, I disagree.

I never like to embed names of files or pipelines in flowscript functions.
I always pass these in from the sitemap.
This way, the sitemap is the place where all paths, filenames, uris are managed, or the location that consistently retrieves these from a config, via input-modules.
I do not like to spread this around as it makes refactoring more difficult.

In that case you can still pass <map:parameter name="blah" value="forms/{1}.xml> and use cocoon.parameters.blah in the flowscript. But I admit that from a lines of code POV, this becomes more verbose than the current situation.

Then I suggest you come up with consistent parameters naming and change this function yourself :-), I'm not against keeping it.

+1 :-)

And since we're at changing this, it would be good to attach this function to the Form Javascript class to prevent any name clashes.
<map:call function="Form.handleForm">
<map:parameter whatever but consistent/>
</map:call>

Sylvain