Colin Paul Adams wrote:

"Pier" == Pier Fumagalli <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

Pier> I'm already slightly "upset" about the "cocoon://" protocol, Pier> as it does not follow the URI RFC properly, I'd like to Pier> address the problem as early as possible...

   Pier> http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2396.txt

I don't know if this is relevant to the discussion, but are you aware
that this RFC has been obsoleted by RFC 3986?

It has some relevance to the discussion as it seem (chap 3.) to allow a hierarchical URI at the form:

 cocoon:foo/bar

where "foo/bar" is called a root less path. But I don't find any explanation about what it is supposed to mean.

/Daniel