Sylvain Wallez wrote:
Leszek Gawron wrote:
It looks really promising. I was not able to run the samples. Firefox has rendered the retrieved list as text (outside selection widget). IE just showed javascript error and did nothing.

Doh! I understand why you say "promising" :-(

I tested it successfully with Firefox 1.0 on MacOS and Windows and IE 6. The behaviour you describe with Firefox is what I had to fight a lot with: Node.importNode() effectively imports nodes, but that doesn't mean they're considered as HTML nodes, in which case only their text is displayed.

If you look at the new DOMUtils.importNode() in the new cforms.js, you'll see the quirks I used to workaround this weirdness: use ".xml" and ".innerHTML" properties with IE, and traverse the node tree for other browsers. I'm far from being a JS-on-browsers expert, so that may for sure not be the most "compatible" solution.

Is there something printed in Firefox's JS console, and what is the IE error?

I.e. says: Line: 91 Char: 5 Error: Object doesn't support this property or method. Code: 0

The line in question:
xmlhttp.open("GET", "xhr_cars/" + make.value, true);

Perhaps thats make.value with the problem?

Firefox on Windows doesn't say anything, it's quite happy.

Ben